1. Engage with the owner with ready attention and sustained eye contact when asked. Learn to work for a living.
2. Greet people calmly, confidently and with feet on the ground.
3. Walk on leash easily and mostly on a loose leash.
4. Rocket Recall as fast and as quickly as possible.
5. Relax or entertain itself when left alone or when asked.
6. Play nicely and confidently with other puppies and gentle dogs.
7. Sit, Down, Wait, Stay and Leave it at an elementary level
8. Accept gentle handling by family and friendly strangers with food if necessary to help build positive associations.
9. Travel in cars, accept crating, go for walks in the neighborhood, be comfortable around low-level noises and non-scary different objects in the environment.
10. Play games, like tug, fetch, hide and seek, by the rules, e.g., give up toys and bones gracefully, no teeth on humans.
By Augusta Farley CKO CPDT-KA